ProCarton Sustainability Award Winner 2023
In this post, we take a look at the carton which won both the Sustainability award and the Public award at the recent Pro Carton/ ECMA Awards. Pro Carton is the European Association of Carton and Cartonboard (ECMA) manufacturers. Every year Pro Carton runs the Carton Excellence Awards, with winners in different categories and an overall winner. Its main purpose is to promote the use of cartons and educate stakeholders about cartons.
This Mentos Pure Carton for Perfetti Van Melle is a perfect example of how innovation can mean that packaging that was previously considered to only be feasible and fit for purpose using plastic materials is perfectly functional and fit for purpose using a fully sustainable material.
Key Reasons why this Carton was chosen
- This is the first time a major global confectioner has produced a fully cardboard-based bottle in the chewing gum category that lost none of the functionality of an equivalent plastic container
- Eye-catching container that is printed on all 6 sides
- The cartons are delivered and stored flat so savings in transport and warehousing are achieved
- Certified as widely recyclable, so it can be recycled in the paper-based waste stream.
- The pack opens and seals easily and features clear opening and closing instructions on the pack
- Detailed on pack recycling instructions to consumers.
Jury and Public Voter Comments
The jury also commented that the carton had a strong shelf presence. The public voters commented that it is an example of an excellent plastic substitution.
Read our blog about changing your packaging from plastic to a sustainable carton.
Contact Dollard Packaging for help with your next carton or sleeve packaging project on 01 -847 0044 or email@example.com
More Related Articles
7 Ways to Make your Cartons More Sustainable blog
Sustainable Window Film for Cartons here